Engineering Entrepreneurship (SEB725)
Assignment 2 – Intellectual Property
Unit Chair: A/Prof. Arun Patil
Monday 25 Jan. 2016
5.00 pm (Melbourne Time)
Via CloudDeakin Pre-submission Checklist
Completion of Task
? Submission report length (1500 words)
? ONE word file only (.doc or .docx)
? Via CloudDeakin (Dropbox)
? References included in appropriate style
This assignment is a case study that asks you, individually, to submit a report on how to protect intellectual property. Please read all instructions and requirements carefully.
2.0 Learning Outcomes
This assignment allows you to demonstrate progress towards achieving the following Learning Outcomes:
ULO5 Demonstrate evidence of enhanced personal knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the management of engineering entrepreneurship
ULO6 Analyse and evaluate intellectual property requirements associated with commercial innovation
GLO2 Communication: using oral, written and interpersonal communication to inform, motivate and effect change
GLO3 Digital literacy: Digital literacy: using technologies to find, use and disseminate information
GLO4 Critical thinking: evaluating information using critical and analytical thinking and judgment
GLO5 Problem solving: creating solutions to authentic (real world and illdefined) problems
I encourage you to review other Unit and Graduate Learning Outcomes to discover, and include, additional learning outcomes important to you personally, and which will increase the quality of your submission and end-of-trimester final results.
This IP Report represents 30% of the Unit’s grade.
4.0 Case Study Task
You are working as a Business Development Manager for an Australian company, “AusGear”, which is specialised in design and manufacturing of various gearboxes that uses a highly innovative design and manufacturing process.
Due to limited manufacturing expansion in Australia and increasing trend of outsourcing, your company has identified potential market opportunities in Asia. As an expansion strategy, the company has sent you to India to market and demonstrate your highly specialised gear boxes. The market is huge in India due to consistent and substantial growth of automotive manufacturing.
During your visit, you discover that other rival Asian companies have also responded to market demand and is selling what appears to be a similar range of gear boxes, but using a different design concept.
AusGear CEO, who is your line manager, asks you, as a matter of priority, to write a report to inform him, based on your research and analysis, what the company needs to do to best protect its Intellectual Property in Australia, and also in the wider Asia-Pacific region, especially in India and China.
Assignment Online assignment help
5.0 Submission Requirements
• This assignment: This individual task asks you to submit a written report using an appropriate academic writing style. For more information refer to Deakin’s “Writing an Academic Assignment”, available online
• The Assessment Criteria Guidelines: read these for guidance on how this assignment will be marked. Make sure that any analysis you present is your own – not simply a summary of what your sources present. Your reader, like any manager in this situation, expects a report that reflects your critical analysis of the Intellectual Property issues, not a cut-and-paste literature review
• Word limit is 1500 words maximum – not including the References section. The word count is a guide to encourage you to write succinctly (this means writing in a way in which each word matters) but not at the expense of good, solid research and analysis. The aim, for all report writing, is to be brief, yet fully informative, and must contain all the information needed to understand a situation and take action. It is acceptable to be 10% above or below this word limit. The word limit does not include the References section
• File Format: The submitted report file format must be MS Word (.doc or .docx)
• Format: Use a format that makes it easy for your reader to readily read and understand the information. Also, use a basic and common text font such as Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman with at least 11 point font size for body text with single-spaced paragraphs
• Citations and referencing: As in all professional reports, the reader will look for the presence of an appropriate number of relevant citations as they reflect the range and depth of your research. Cite these correctly in-text and list them in a Reference Section using an accepted referencing style such as the Harvard or IEEE
• Be professional. Plagiarism and collusion are academic offences. They are forms of cheating, and severe penalties are associated with them, including cancellation of marks for a specific assignment. If you are unsure what constitutes plagiarism, cheating, or collusion then refer to the online Assessment section in the 2015 Handbook
help for marketing essay
• Want some help? Online and in-person resources and materials are available from the Library and Deakin’s Study Support Services to assist you with assignment writing, referencing skills, and with understanding and avoiding plagiarism
6.0 Submission Deadline
Students are to upload their Assignment Submission on CloudDeakin under the Assignment 2 Dropbox link by Monday 25 January 2016, 5pm (Melbourne Time).
I will consider a genuine request for an extension on its merits, but only when sent to the Unit Chair at least 3 days prior to the submission date and using the form available at the Faculty office
8.0 Assessment Guide – Assignment 2: Report (30%)
Scoring Criteria Total Points 30
Organization (GLO 2, ULO 2) 5 Score
Overall, the written report is clear, well organized and while appropriately scoped shows a comprehensive and accurate understanding of the topic and its relevant research methodology.
Introduction is attention-getting. It establishes a clear framework for the report by laying out the problem and its relevance, identifying key aspects of the topic, including its outcomes
Presents information in effective, logical order. Line of reasoning is interesting and easy to follow.
Uses relevant subheadings throughout enabling readers to move easily through the text and good structure of paragraphs and transitions enhances comprehension and readability
Conclusion succinctly summarizes the outcomes or research results based on the literature and/or actual research, including its strengths and any limitations and offers suggestions for future research or action
Knowledge/Research Base (ULO 3, ULO 5, ULO 6) 10 Score
Marketing assignment help
Provides good, relevant background information on the topic. Defines technical terms and acronyms clearly, and demonstrates a clear understanding of the topic
The methods section provides essential information about the topic and data collection procedures, and in addition might represent a novel and insightful approach to researching the topic
The research output (literature review and/or primary research) demonstrates a robust knowledge of the field that is accurate and current , and has a sharp distinct focus that enhances the impact of the report
Explores the topic in detail and in depth, information is focused, rigorous, and accurate, makes scientifically valid arguments supported by reliable evidence (sources)
Critical Thinking (GLO 4) 10 Score
Uses specific inductive or deductive reasoning to make inferences regarding premises; addresses implications and consequences; identifies facts and relevant information correctly.
Thoroughly identifies and addresses key aspects of the problem and insightfully uses facts and relevant evidence from analysis to support and defend potentially valid solutions
Insightfully interprets information; identifies obvious as well as hidden assumptions, establishes credibility of sources on points other than authority alone
Insightfully relates concepts and ideas from multiple sources; uses new information to enhance chosen solution; recognizes missing information; correctly identifies potential effects of new information.
Assignment help for marketing essay
Identifies strengths and weaknesses in own thinking: recognizes personal assumptions, values and perspectives, compares to others’, and evaluates them in the context of alternate points of view
Written Presentation (GLO 2, ULO 2) 5 Score
Compelling evidence from reliable and authoritative sources is given to support claims and are correctly cited in an accepted citation/referencing style.
Quotations are well chosen, correctly cited and effectively framed by the text and explained as needed.
Effective choice of illustrations (graphs, tables, images, etc.) that truly enhance understanding of the topic
Vocabulary and tone are consistently precise, accurate, consistently professional and appropriate for an academic research paper. Sentences are well-phrased and flow smoothly from one to another.
The writing is free or almost free of errors and word length is within the range specified
Business Assignment help UK Aims To analyse a set of data (in Microsoft Excel), and write a brief report (in Microsoft Word), […] read more
Assignment help of marketing This file contains details of a valid car rego numbers. Each rego number is a six-alphanumeric such as […] read more
Purpose To provide students with the opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired and skills developed during the 11 weeks of the Course. […] read more
Computing Assignment help essay School of Science, Information Technology & Engineering Workbook for Week 6 Part A (4 Marks) Exercise 1: Data […] read more
Assignment help Research Project Due Date: Week 11 Worth: 40% (30 marks for Project Report and 10 marks for Reflective Journal) Topic […] read more
Information systems security Involve in the management of information security in organisations. Sub Topic is or (Focus) The impact of generational differences […] read more
HOLMES INSTITUTE FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION Individual Assignment HOLMES INSTITUTE FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION HC1041 Individual Assignment Research: […] read more
Value: 20% Due date: 22-Jan-2016 Return date: 16-Feb-2016 Length: 1300-1400 words Submission method options Alternative submission method Task Your lecturer will place […] read more
Engineering Entrepreneurship (SEB725) Assignment 2 – Intellectual Property Unit Chair: A/Prof. Arun Patil Due: Monday 25 Jan. 2016 5.00 pm (Melbourne Time) […] read more
“TOPICAL ISSUES IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – CAPM AND CAPITAL BUDGETING” Due date: To Lecturer/Tutor: on Wednesday, 27 January, 2016 This Assignment is […] read more
Assignment Requirements Your web site proposal and presentation (Assignment 1) was accepted, subject to any feedback you may have received. As the […] read more
MARKING CRITERIA ASSIGNMENT HELP MARKING CRITERIA 1. Entities – no missing entities, appropriate names, no redundant entities, etc. 2. Cardinalities and […] read more