Critical analysis of how a project was/is being managed
• Please do not be tempted to submit material taken from an assignment from a previous offering of MGT8022 as it will be detected by plagiarism software (even if it is modified), and the consequences are severe.
• Assignments should be attached to the specific MGT8022 electronic mark sheet for this assignment.
• All assignments are to be submitted through the electronic assignment submission facility on the study desk.
• Check the file types and maximum file sizes that can be submitted through the website.
• Assignment 2 submissions that do not include an Originality Report generated by Turnitin will not be marked (refer previous instructions).
Refer to the Assignment Guidelines for assistance in completing Assignment 2. Remember to integrate academic theory into your assignment to support your arguments and proposals. Guidelines for preparation of assignments are provided on the StudyDesk for the course. These are in the form of short videos which explain how to carry out critical analysis of your selected project in relation to the topics for each assignment. You are strongly advised to watch these videos multiple times during the semester to ensure you have an understanding of the expectations of the course examiner.
To carry out this assignment, it will be necessary for you to read other texts and journal articles on managing projects. It is recommended that you use the e-Books and electronic journals available from the USQ Library website.
By now, you should have chosen a project for analysis. If you are working on a very large project, you can use one of its sub-projects for your assignment. If the project is too large, it may increase your workload significantly and it is not recommended.
Refer to the Assignment Guidelines for assistance in completing this assignment. Remember to integrate academic theory into your assignment to support your arguments and proposals.
TOPIC: Critical analysis of how a project was/is being managed Provide the
Provide the following:
Assignment 2 mark sheet: Download the MGT8022 electronic submission mark sheet from the StudyDesk. Electronic assignments should follow the correct file-naming guidelines.
Title page: Ensure that your document includes a normal report cover sheet or title page that would be expected of a professional document to provide details of report title, author, date, student number, etc. (this is in addition to the electronic mark sheet discussed above). This assignment is a professional academic paper so should be presented as one.
Executive Summary (200–250 words but this does not form part of the assignment word count). The executive summary comes before the table of contents. Read the guidelines and provide a formal Executive Summary with details of why the report was prepared, how it is structured, and what the important findings, conclusions and recommendations are. The Executive Summary relates to the analysis only. (SUGGESTION: this should be written last after you have finished the report.)
Assignment help to get essay assignment
Table of contents: This should be a full listing with respective page numbers of executive summary, introduction, main sections, references, individual appendices, and full listing of all figures and tables.
1. Introduction (250 words): Briefly state why your report has been prepared, what project is being analysed, and how your assignment is structured. (Note – this may be similar to material in assignment 1 if you have used the same project, but this is a new report, and you need to provide the information your reader/marker needs to understand the report. You can use the same information in both assignments. There is no need to reference assignment 1 if you are using your original work.)
2. Project background (250 words): Your project description should describe the project and its context – what organisation is the project owner/sponsor, what this organisation does, why the project is being done, where it is located, etc. The description should contain enough detail for the reader to understand the nature and objectives of the project and its sponsor.
3. Critical analysis of the management of your chosen project (2000-3000 words): Using the PMBOK knowledge areas as a framework, write a critical analysis of how your project is being managed (or was managed if it has been completed). Write a section on each of the PMBOK knowledge areas.
4. Conclusions (250 words): Summarise your findings from the analysis of the management of your chosen project. What did you find out? Are the project management practices consistent with recognised theory? What issues are important and are of significance to project outcomes? What are the strengths and its weaknesses of the project management practices?
5. Recommendations (250 words): What are your recommendations flowing from this analysis of the management of your project? What changes should be made for better management of this project (or similar future projects)? Address the shortcomings identified in the conclusions.
List of references: Provide a complete list of references providing full details of all citations used in the body of the assignment. This must be in Harvard AGPS6 format. See library
Appendices: Attach any appendices that support your analysis. They should be numbered sequentially in the order in which they appear (Appendix 1, Appendix 2, etc.).
Turnitin Originality Report
Remember to submit a shortened version of your assignment (remove the mark sheet and all appendices) to Turnitin for checking and to submit a copy of the Turnitin Originality Report with your assignment. See above for more detailed instructions.
Marking criteria for assignment 2
Marking criteria are included in the electronic mark sheet. Use only the mark sheet provided for assignment 2 for this course.
Business Assignment help UK Aims To analyse a set of data (in Microsoft Excel), and write a brief report (in Microsoft Word), […] read more
Assignment help of marketing This file contains details of a valid car rego numbers. Each rego number is a six-alphanumeric such as […] read more
Purpose To provide students with the opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired and skills developed during the 11 weeks of the Course. […] read more
Computing Assignment help essay School of Science, Information Technology & Engineering Workbook for Week 6 Part A (4 Marks) Exercise 1: Data […] read more
Assignment help Research Project Due Date: Week 11 Worth: 40% (30 marks for Project Report and 10 marks for Reflective Journal) Topic […] read more
Information systems security Involve in the management of information security in organisations. Sub Topic is or (Focus) The impact of generational differences […] read more
HOLMES INSTITUTE FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION Individual Assignment HOLMES INSTITUTE FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION HC1041 Individual Assignment Research: […] read more
Value: 20% Due date: 22-Jan-2016 Return date: 16-Feb-2016 Length: 1300-1400 words Submission method options Alternative submission method Task Your lecturer will place […] read more
Engineering Entrepreneurship (SEB725) Assignment 2 – Intellectual Property Unit Chair: A/Prof. Arun Patil Due: Monday 25 Jan. 2016 5.00 pm (Melbourne Time) […] read more
“TOPICAL ISSUES IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – CAPM AND CAPITAL BUDGETING” Due date: To Lecturer/Tutor: on Wednesday, 27 January, 2016 This Assignment is […] read more
Assignment Requirements Your web site proposal and presentation (Assignment 1) was accepted, subject to any feedback you may have received. As the […] read more
MARKING CRITERIA ASSIGNMENT HELP MARKING CRITERIA 1. Entities – no missing entities, appropriate names, no redundant entities, etc. 2. Cardinalities and […] read more